GeoDesign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Send Resumes to: email@example.com
Geotechnical Engineers – CT and NY/NJ Offices
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Special inspection of test borings, test pits, subgrade, drilled and driven piles, support of excavation systems, and underpinning.
- Work with senior engineers to perform engineering calculations and prepare geotechnical reports and proposals.
- Maintain a professional image at all times and be respectful to all personnel working in the field or office.
- This position requires the flexibility to serve as a cross-disciplinary resource to best serve the needs of GeoDesign. GeoDesign has been retained as a consultant for hundreds of projects, including commercial/industrial buildings, high-rise buildings, health care facilities, public and private schools, highways, bridges, dams and levees, excavations, dewatering, geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring, blasting evaluations, pre-blast surveys, design of foundation and slope repairs, and sites requiring environmental restoration. We are recognized by our clients and peers for our practical, creative and responsive solutions to geotechnical, construction and environmental engineering needs.
Desired Skills & Experience
The requirements of this position include the following:
- Minimum Master’s Degree of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Fundamentals of Engineering certification preferred.
- Entry level and up.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is preferred.
- Possess reliable transportation to access project sites and valid driver’s license.
Staff Geotechnical Engineers – NY/NJ Offices
We are currently seeking a staff level geotechnical engineer preferably with experience in subsurface exploration, laboratory testing, soil and rock mechanics and foundation design. The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering (geotechnical specialization) with up to 5 years related experience. The position includes diversified field and office duties. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, responsible, resourceful and one that embraces individual and team assignments, collaboration and learning. Environmental, geo-structural and CADD experience a plus.
GeoStructural Engineer – CT and NY/NJ Offices
We are currently seeking a GeoStructural Engineer with experience designing support of excavation systems, underpinning, heavy construction, and meeting structural design needs of our contractor clients.
GeoTechnical Engineering Inspector – NY/NJ Offices
We are currently seeking a GeoTechnical Engineering Inspector. The position requires a B.S. in Civil Engineering plus two years relevant experience with foundation inspection including drilled shafts.
NOTICE: In compliance with Federal and State Law, GeoDesign, Inc. fully commits itself to provide equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color or national origin, sex, age, political affiliations or beliefs, religious beliefs, or disability.